Best times to visit:
- Wednesdays, Thursdays, or Fridays.
- Weekday mornings.
- Lunch time.
- The 1st day the office is open after a holiday.
- Weekdays after 3 p.m., when children get out of school.
Remember, driver licensing offices have shorter hours on Thursdays because they open an hour later.
If you’re getting your first Washington license, ID card, or permit, you’ll save time at the driver licensing office if you pre-apply online before you go. When you get to the office, just tell us the confirmation ID you got when you pre-applied and we’ll have all the information we need to get started.
Before you go to the driver licensing office, make sure you have everything you need to:
- Apply for an Enhanced Driver License or ID Card
- Take your driving test.
- Apply for your first-time driver license.
- Get your Washington State driver license after moving here from another state.
- Apply for your Washington ID card.
See Fees or call us at 360.902.3900 to find out how much your fees will be before you go to the office. Payment options are:
- MasterCard and American Express credit/debit cards and some Visa debit cards.
- There’s a vendor-charged fee on all credit/debit card purchases.
- Credit/debit cards not accepted at Coulee Dam, Davenport, Friday Harbor, Forks, Goldendale, Newport, Republic, and South Bend.
If your renewal notice says you’re eligible to renew your driver license or ID card online, visit our website instead of traveling to a driver licensing office.